- A real husband is the one who loves his wife, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her’
This is loving your wife inspite of her level of imperfection. Rather than debate this because of how hard it sounds, ask for grace to be able to be this man.
This is who God made you and demands that you be to your wife.
- A real Husband is not his wife’s sex client who drops in when he wants pleasure!
They are not mere room mates, neither are they in an ‘event type’ relationship! He is more and their lives are intertwined. Like Adam, the declaration that should order his life is ‘bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh’
- A real husband gives everything! Everything includes his listening ears, his soothing words, his comfort, his counsel, his loving correction, his guiding assistance and above all his selfless sacrifice.
Giving his all means giving his all and there is really no qualification to it.
He is wholly married and doesn’t have aspects of him that won’t be married to his wife.
- A real husband dwells with his wife with knowledge, giving her honour as the weaker vessel and understanding that she is equally an heir together with him of the grace of life. This is very serious because, If he doesn’t understand and practice this, his prayers will be hindered. I can remind you that the above is not a standard I am holding you to, it is God holding you to it as you can see in 1 Peter 3:7.
- In the order of Adam before the fall and the last Adam after the restoration of all things, he speaks and calls his wife what and who she should become. He is the one with the power to name it and it is so. A real man will therefore polish his wife with his kind words, he will shape her with his speaking and empower her with every word he utters in the marriage.
- He has his work cut out and he cannot escape it. He is a provider! He doesn’t excuse his inability to meet needs but works hard at it and graciously does this by God’s grace.
‘But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel’
Hmmmmm see, 1 Timothy 5:8.
- He knows that the LORD Himself, that is God Almighty is the witness between him and his wife; It is not just a union or a civil contract as many have called it but a covenant. He is conscious of this and relates with his wife based on this covenant above all things.
- Don’t get it twisted, ‘he that is married cares for the things that are of the world, HOW HE MAY PLEASE HIS WIFE. That’s his job, MAKE HER HAPPY. 1 Corinthians 7:33.
A real husband will not find an excuse in this matter, he will find a way.
BE A REAL HUSBAND TO YOUR WIFE!
We love and celebrate you,
See you at the topmost top,
Enjoy your marriage.